Facebook has become the most popular social networking platform which has thousands of members from around the world. Not only teenagers and college students, but many adult professionals, business owners and people from other backgrounds have also become members here. Facebook is generally used to connect with people and to develop good relations with them. If used properly, Facebook can be used as a very effective marketing platform for your products or services. But you must know how to do it, otherwise your efforts will look as spam. The following guidelines can be used to successfully promote your products with Facebook:
1. The first step is to set up your Facebook profile. Make it interesting and do not just fill it with information about your business. Include as much personal information as possible with lots of photos of your friends and family. Members will be interested to know about you and not the business you are involved with.
2. There are different applications which can be added to your profile page. For example, ‘NetworkedBlogs’ allows you to post your RSS and Atom feeds directly to the wall and ‘Twitter Tabs’ posts your Twitter updates to a separate tab. There is ‘Fan Appz and Promotions’ which helps you handle all kinds of contests, sweepstakes and give aways.
3. Add some friends. You can search for relevant groups in Facebook to look for people who may benefit from which you have to offer.
4. Join different groups which are relevant to your niche. All the groups have a wall. You may put something useful and informative on the walls, for others to see and share.
5. After joining a page or group, actively participate in the conversation, which is a great way to directly promote your products and services. You can also add the group members as your friends.
6. Always communicate with other members. If somebody comments on your new photo or anything else, try to answer back.
7. Start your own group. This is a very powerful marketing technique. You can invite all your friends to join your group. You may also use Facebook’s paid advertising system to look for new members.
8. Post videos, articles and other content on your own wall and also on the walls of your friends.
9. Make an individual video welcoming all people who become your friend. This is a very powerful marketing technique which is generally not used by others.
If you find this article useful, don’t forget to join my Facebook fan page for more exclusive and informative content!