Traffic is the life blood for any internet business. To be successful in your business, it is essential to have targeted, good quality visitors to your website. Without a steady flow of traffic, you can not earn any income from your website. There are different ways to generate traffic, some of which are paid whereas the others are free. The following are some ways to generate free traffic to your website:
2. Start a blog and make regular posts on it. Visit other similar blogs and leave comments on them. Add a RSS feed to your blog.
3. Write a lot of articles on different topics which are relevant to the subject of your website. The articles should be short (300 to 500 words) and should contain different important keywords. Go for ‘Long Tail Keywords’ which are less competitive. Add the URL of your website at the end of each article. Submit your articles to different reputed article directories like Ezinearticles, GoArticles, Articlebase etc. When these articles are published in these high PR article directories, they may come up in the search engine results for the relevant keywords. People may read these articles and visit your site through the links given at the end . This is an excellent way to drive targeted traffic to your website. However, if you can not write the articles yourself, you may get those outsourced from other freelance writers.
4. Go to ‘Yahoo Answers’ and answer questions which are relevant to your niche. After each answer, put a link back to your site.
5. Submit your site to different online directories. Some of these directories are free whereas the others are paid. The paid directories are better than the free directories as the links stay there for a much longer time. Submit your site to both general as well as niche directories. This will help you to get traffic as well as important backlinks for your site.
6. Try to exchange links with other websites which are in the same niche and have similar content. It will help to increase traffic to your site by securing a high rank in the search engines.
7. Join different online communities and forums which are relevant to your niche. Participate in the forums on a regular basis and share your knowledge with other members. Advertise your site by putting your link in the signature line.
8. Write a press release about your site and submit that to different press release submission sites.
9. Sign up with different social networking sites such as, LinkedIn, Facebook etc. with a link back to your site.
10. You can advertise your website in different high traffic classified sites such as, Craigslist, USFreeAds etc.
11. Traffic exchanges may be used to drive free traffic to your site. But the traffic received is not always targeted.
Any new way to get free traffic to add? Share it with us…
This post was last modified on December 29, 2017 18:20