Marketing of a new website is not an easy task. A lot of new websites are created everyday. Only a few of them can survive. While good and quality content is necessary for any website to be popular, a good website with unique quality content may fail getting an important amount of traffic because of the lack of a proper marketing strategy.
These are some marketing strategies which you should consider in order to market a new website:
- Advertising on free classified sites like craigslsit, backapge, kijiji etc.
- Exchange links with relevant sites. Don’t exchange links with spammy sites.
- Bookmarking on social bookmarking sites like digg.com, stumbleupon.com, delicious.com etc.
- Comment posting on relevant blogs.
- Participating on forums.
- Directory submissions.
- Offer an affiliate program.
- Advertising on local newspaper, TV and other off-line media.
- Article marketing submission.
- Marketing through social networking sites like MySpace.com, facebook.com etc.
- Advertising on Google’s AdWord and similar other advertising network.
- Search Engine Optimization.
- Publish RSS feeds and submit your RSS feeds on feed directories.
- Publish videos on YouTube and other video sharing sites.
- Promote on Yahoo Answers.
- Make a custom 404-error page so that you don’t miss any traffic.
- Promote on Yahoo groups and google groups.
- Offer free news letter.
- Participate in traffic exchange programs.
- Use twitter.com to send regular updates of your site.
Do you have something to add? If yes, please share it.
This post was last modified on February 29, 2016 04:08