A resume is a list of everything an employer needs to know about you. It includes items like your objectives, educational background, credentials and qualifications, affiliations and references, and of course a summary of your previous career.
Here are some useful tips on how to write a career summary:
- Start with the most recent job you had prior to this application
- Include in the details the following:
- Name of the company
- The period you’ve worked there
- Your position and a brief description of what you did
- Any recognitions, awards or citations you earn
- Do not be ashamed to include even the menial jobs that you’ve held in the past. It just says that you are willing to start from the lowest position before climbing up the ladder of success.
- However, if you must do not include jobs where you stayed for barely six months or jobs where you’ve been terminated. That will reflect very poorly on you.