With thousands of blogs being created everyday, It’s becoming kind of hard to make money blogging. In fact, I noticed that there are many bloggers who still believing in some myths that has been popular several years ago. Here’s five myths about blogging that people still believe in, but unfortunately they are wrong:
1. Blogging will make you rich: It’s almost impossible if you work alone, most large blogs that bring in big cash have team of writers that can provides the blog with many articles in various niches and subjects everyday, in addition of a team of marketers that take care of all the marketing and advertisement work.
2. Easy to get traffic: Absolutely false, getting traffic to a blog requires great content, professional SEO work, good marketing strategy, advertisement and hard work! So, in order to succeed a blog you need to believe on what you are doing and you need some cash to invest on it.
3. RSS subscribers are the key: Most of blogger thinks that the more RSS subscribers they have, the more successful they are, and that’s not completely true, I can’t say that RSS subscribers will not help your blog, but they aren’t the key to success. Most of big blogs with large counts get these numbers because they end up as a default option in RSS services such as Netvibes and so on…
4. You can blog from the beach: Yes, it’s somewhat true and I was blogging from the beach many times but it was summer time and I was blogging ( hard work ). You will never enjoy this activity whiles working, so you have to expect that you have to do what everyone with a normal 9-5 job does: dedicate yourself to a full working day.
5. Blogging is easy: I believed in that too until I started blogging. It’s not because you can use a computer and string two words together that you’re going to make millions. Successful bloggers work hard, really hard, and often work longer hours than most would in normal jobs. Just checking your post again and again for unexpected spelling mistakes will drive you crazy, apart of the most common blogging mistakes that you may fall in!
It might that this post shows the negative points only, but you still can makes something of blogging. I’m blogging this to show you how much you have to be serious and conscious implementing the most effective blogging strategies if you want to get into the blogging game.